Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I know that JESUS loves the Little Children- but He wants ME to LOVE THEM TOO???.

Hey Ya'll.. its time again for some crumbs from the poor goat barn cleaners table. but let not your heart be troubled.. I love sharing...

can you believe that Summer is almost over and school will be starting soon??? It's been a great summer for Church Activities.. you know.. Vacation Bible School.. Mission Trips.. Maybe you got some letters from folks asking you to "partner with them in sharing the Gospel and building relationships".. Maybe you supported with your financial gifts and prayer.. what a Blessing.. The Lord will Bless that GIVING...

I always enjoy the thank you letters from friends that I have "partnered with".. Lots of times they will include photographs of the children they blessed with God's Love.. Sometimes... I want to send a letter back to them.. and say.." I want YOU to join me in sharing the Gospel and building relationships... not just for a few days for the summer.. but for year-round.. -enclosed are pictures of the children we will be working with.. I have enclosed YOUR CHURCH  PHOTO DIRECTORY- You recognize the children??? Yep... Thats right.. they are the children who run past you in the Church Lobby while you are talking to your friends... they are the CHILDREN OF YOUR CHURCH...and they NEED YOU and YOU NEED THEM...


In our Church, we baptize our little children- Other churches have "baby dedications" No matter what YOU do... ALL Faith communities PROFESS to be just that: a COMMUNITY... there is Privilege and Responsibility that is goes along with it...

when we baptize a child- the Minister asks the congregation if THEY will promise to assist the Parents in raising the child in the" nurture and admonition of the Lord"... Hmmmm..???. Now I am just a feeble minded Goat Barn Cleaner... but I think I can think of some ways to HONOR that VOW...

NURSERY( rocking chairs are fun... and reading books with BIG LETTERS and Pictures is EASY)

Sunday School- I really love the CREATIVE excuses that people give for NOT wanting to teach Children's Sunday School: I am too old, I don't have the gift of teaching, I really need to be in the Adult Sunday School.. blah blah.. ok.. I have heard ALL the Excuses for people NOT WANTING TO HELP OUT IN CHILDREN'S MINISTRY and as the YOUNG PEOPLE say, I am gonna break it down for ya brother.. here's what they REALLY MEAN:

      1.) I really enjoy arguing about Supralapsarianism for the 6789th time...it gives me chill bumps when I slap down a sub-lapper...

      2.) I have been reading lots of stuff from the confessions, Calvin, Luther.. the adults NEED me to enlighten them.. I am way above teaching children...

     3.) I  don't like being around children

     4.) I do'nt want to be around children(.. Yep... I think I found an itch.. so I will keep scratching)


      The SAD thing is... EVERYONE says AMEN.... everyone raises their Hand... and says they will help nurture the children in the Faith... there is NO ASTERISK in the Book of Church Order...

     The Saddest thing is... and this is a little secret.. psssttt. I ain't supposed to tell ya this.. but I will... IT's EASY to get folks to TEACH ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL... after all... lots of folks been studying greek and hebrew and Calvin and Luther... they can't wait to lay it on ya....


    But the children of your church run past you in the Hallway. you don't notice them.. you are busy talking with your friends., you are arguing about supralapsarianism for the 8765th time, or....
planning your mission trip to some other state... or some other country... to share the Gospel and build relationships.. with OTHER children....

  


No comments:

Post a Comment